Tuesday 27 November 2012

My body is a cage

Arcade Fire



Body-space; creating a garment which fits your body and can morph into a chosen site.
My first project studying architecture.
You may wonder how this is relevant to architecture, but architecture isn't just about designing buildings. I learnt a lot from this first project on how a person interacts with materials and spaces. 
The brief restricted us to; only picking a site from Manchester quirky Northern Quarter, two materials from a list of four, and one joining material throughout. The site I chose consisted of a detailed terracotta stoned archway, a large green painted door in the centre and mirrored panels filling the gaps between. Linking these features and current trends such as structured shoulders I produced this origami garment, which Ambreen photographed into the site beautifully.


Irsa x
p.s Sorry I've been MIA for the past few weeks,  I'll hopefully be posting more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!